"Bullying is rare at the Academy and as a result, pupils feel safe" OFSTED MAY 2014
Recent studies have shown that bullying takes place in every type of school, and occurs in all classes of society and cultures.
The aim of our anti-bullying policy is to provide a whole school response to reduce any bullying behaviour in our Academy by:
• Listening to the children and encouraging them to talk about bullying
• Celebrating differences between individuals
• Including regular input to the whole Academy
• Raising children’s self-esteem
• Promoting assertive not aggressive behaviour
• Responding immediately to bullying incidents with consistent, clear procedures
• Ensuring that all staff, parents/carers and governors have an understanding of bullying
We strive to promote an open culture where children can report their bullying issues directly to staff, however we understand that it is not always possible so have created different channels of reporting incidents of bullying and support mechanisms. Children (and parents) can report an issue at any time through their e-praise account or at anti-bullying drop in at lunch times with our school councillor. In addition, we provide a weekly Anti-bullying drop in session for parents run by a dedicated team. The day and time is advertised in the Academy Voice.
If you have any concerns regarding bullying in the first instant you should contact your child’s form tutor or Head of Year via the academy office or firstname.lastname@example.org.